James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

Ford E450 6.0 powerstroke: DJ2, John here. I am evaluating

Customer Question

Hi DJ2, John here. I am evaluating buying a Coachman 23ft with a Ford E450 6.0 Diesel. The seller has no maintainence record. I was looking for info on a Oasis report to see if there were any recorded repairs.vin 1FDXE45P06HB01140
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for choosing just answer. How many miles are on this vehicle?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
33K
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
Wow that is some low miles. I am almost home to so I can get you an oasis. This engine carries a stigma with it that is isn't reliable or worth the money. I am one of the few that thinks this is a great engine if taken care of. I have seen many of these engines with a lot of issues and other ones with no issues. People that maintain them have a lot less problems. Changing your fuel filters every 15k miles makes a big difference. You also want to run a cetane or fuel additive as clean fuel saves injectors. Flushing the cooling system every 25k miles prolongs the life of egr cooler and oil cooler. All of these items make a 100% difference in the reliability of this engine.
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
What I am posting below are the history of warranty claims on this vehicle. On the oasis it says no warranty was performed. That is because these repairs were done so long ago.
Customer Comments CUSTOMER STATES HARD STARTING COLD STALLS WHEN BELOW FORTH WAY UP
Tech Comments VERIFIED CUSTOMER CONCERN PERFORMED IDS TEST PID MONITOR PERFORMED PIN POINT TEST FOUND CODE P0336 P0341 P2614 P2617 P0148 PCM BAD REPLACED PCM
Customer Comments CUSTOMER STATES RUNNING ROUGH AND STALLING
Tech Comments VERIFIED CUSTOMER CONCERNS PERFORMED DIESEL DIAGNOSIS FOUND CODE P2252FOLLOWED PIN POINT TEST FOUND BAD FICM REPLACED FICM CAMPOSITION SENSOR AND CRANKSHAFT SENSOR CONCERN STILL PRESENT PULLED POWER STEERING RESERVOIR CAC PIPES SERP BELT AIR INTAKE TO TURBO TO GAIN ACCESS TESTED CIRCUITS 350 349 UNABLE TO CHANGE RUNNING CONDITION PERFORMED DIESEL CAM TIMING DIAGNOSTIC FOUND VEHICLE LOOSING SYNC DI
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So based off this report were the issues resolved? The dealer is asking $39,900 but I am trying to forecast any problems as the vehicle is sold as is. Thanks *****, *****
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
Since it still has such low mileage there really shouldn't be any issues. It's one I think would be great to start out with. There are some small upgrades you can do along the way to make sure it keeps running strong.
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
Hey how are you? I just want to see if I can still offer you assistance? If my answer was helpful please remember to leave me a rating so I receive credit for assisting you. If you have any other questions please let me know?