Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

F 250 super duty: 2003 f250 6.0 powerstroke on way home lost

Customer Question
2003 f250 6.0 powerstroke...
2003 f250 6.0 powerstroke on way home lost power and died about a mile later tried to restart and no crank towed home next day would start run rattle die pull turbo charger seals bad replaced took to local ford dealer said high pressure oil leak got back home pulled high pressure pump had rebuilt replaced also top line same thing pulled #2 glow plug oil on glow plug
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/13/2015
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
So right now, its still a crank no start issue?
What is the ICP pressure while cranking, monitored with a scan tool?
Any codes stored?
Is the fuel clean, filter housing fuel, and pressure with the key on good?
Any fluid cross contamination in the fuel, coolant, or oil?
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris
No codes are stored. I changed the oil when I got it home & there was fuel in the oil. I does start for a bit, runs rough, misses & stalls out. I took it to Ford at the beginning & the code that came up was the high pressure fuel pump. I haven't had it back to Ford yet. I'm really hoping you can brainstorm it & save me the $$ & trip back to Ford.
I am Adie, Wayne's girlfriend. I've never seen him stumped on an automobile/truck like this. I tell him he can usually spit on a motor & make it run.....his phone # *****(###) ###-####--Please help.....................PUHLEEZE!!
Do you recall the prior trouble code?
Does he have the tools to check the fuel pressure, and ICP pressure?
With the previous and most recent information, I believe this is going to be low pressure from the high pressure oil pump from a leak internal or injectors faulty.
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician