James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

F-350: Replaced up pipes on 06 6.0. Had 10 lbs of boost afterwards.

Customer Question

Replaced up pipes on 06 6.0. Had 10 lbs of boost afterwards. Didn't drive truck before hand to see if that problem was already present. Took turbo back off to find ring was broke for vgt. Replaced ring in clean turbo. Re-installed. Fcim went out in process. Replaced & reprogram with Ford IDS. Has zero boost now. Hose to map sensor is good. Also nipple to intake is clean
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for choosing just answer. Do you have a way to monitor codes? Is the map sensor nipple going into the intake plugged with carbon? Do you have any codes?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Nipple is clean. Have no codes when checked
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
When the Key is on engine off do both MAP and EBP read within 1psi of each other?
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
Hey how are you? I just want to see if I can still offer you assistance? If my answer was helpful please remember to leave me a rating so I receive credit for assisting you. If you have any other questions please let me know?