Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Ok, Lou. That advice was not especially helpful ,

Customer Question

Ok, Lou. That advice was not especially helpful for me, cause I dont know how to check for power. But you sent me looking under the hood and I checked fuse 24 and it was fine. I placed it back in and the lights worked. Drove it around and they stopped
working. I started playing around with stuff and discovered the high and low beam switch along with windshield wiper controls is loose. If I pull back, I get high beam. If I let it go the lights go out, but I wedge a piece of cardboard into the switch and
low and behold, the low beam came on. I tested visually the reflection and the toggle forward that locks in the high beam. Both low beam and high beam work now (with cardboard wedged in there. When I engage the blinkers, the low beam would turn off. So, I
taped the cardboard in place and now, the high, low, and blinkers all work. But this is not satisfactory. Is it difficult to replace the turn signal/wiper/high/low beam switch? By the by, I have this '02 Explorer Sport, an '02 Explorer Sport Track, '04 Explorer,
'01 E-250, and an '03 Expedition. I have 2 other questions that I will ask of you after this switch is resolved. Thanks, Doug
Category: Ford
Expert:  Lou P. replied 2 years ago.
Ok Doug I did not know your capabilities of testing so forgive me. As far as te switch replacement is super easy. I will get back to you in the morning on the repair. Currently I am at a family function and did not want to let your request go unnoticed. Have a gold night. Glad you made some progress. Lou
Expert:  Lou P. replied 2 years ago.
Hello. Are you still needing the repair info ?? I have had a personal issue last few days so I am playing catch up. Please forgive me.