Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

F-350 super duty: my ford f 350 super duty wont start ,battery

Customer Question

my ford f 350 super duty wont start ,battery is fine
Category: Ford
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 2 years ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** the starter turn over, but the engine does not run? or does the starter nit even turn?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I replaced the battery and the starter. The old starter was bad,truck still does not start with the key,it will start if i turn key on and jump the starter wires.any ideas?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is there something in the wiring going to the starter that could have shorted out? Fusable link maybe
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 2 years ago.
usually nit, do you have a voltmeter or a test light, I can help you diagnose this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes. I do
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 2 years ago.
ok, at the starter, there are 2 wires , a large one coming from the battery and a small one coming from the ignition, the large wire should have power at all times, the small should have power when cranking, does the small wire ave power when cranking?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No power while cranking 12 volts at the large wire . New battery and starter
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 2 years ago.
ok, is this an auto trans or a manual, if its an auto, have you tried puting the transmission in nuetral and seeing if it starts?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Auto matic and yes tried that , think it might be a relay i checked all the fuses
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 2 years ago.
Yes, it could be the relay, the trans switch or the ignition switch, also could be in the antitheft system, is there a an anti theft light flashing when you try to start it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Truck still does not start does the 2004 HD edition 6.8L tritonV10 have a solenoid under the hood F 350 super duty ?
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 2 years ago.
No, it uses a relay in the fuse box under the dash, can you locate the relay and we can check some powers at it?