Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Ford: was asking about a jumper wire in the ecm plug under

Customer Question

was asking about a jumper wire in the ecm plug under the dash. On a 1991 Ford SuperDuty 7.3. Whats if for, or whys it there>
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
There should be no jumper wires in the DCL (data link connector) and there should be no reason to have it there. Have to removed it and see if doing so effect the engine performance. The DCL is simply the port for retrieving data and fault codes with the scan tool