Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  General Repair Shop Owner
66997337

2003 ford focus service engine light glows when running and

Customer Question

2003 ford focus service engine light glows when running and with key off. Why
Category: Ford
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.
This simply means the PCM (computer) is detecting some sort of problem and there is a trouble code stored in the PCM. Beyond that I would need to know what code is stored to be able to tell you any more specifically what it could be.
If you run by a parts store most will check your codes for free. If you can do that and report back to me what codes are found I can give you more information. If not all I can say is some sensor or something has failed. If its not flashing with the engine running its not too serious and can be driven till you can get it to a shop.
Let me know if you need anything further and if not please be sure to rate my service so I get credit for it. Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
very poor
did not read my question properly
Youre right. I apologize. I was thinking it said with engine off. In this case you either got a bad instrument cluster or a bad wire between the cluster and the PCM. Do you have a multimeter and wish to test it yourself? You will need to access the back of the cluster as well as the PCM to do the needed testing to figure out which is the problem.