John Crouch
John Crouch, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  22 years of Ford service, and Ford senior master certified in diesel, gasoline and hybrid vehicles
33610027

How do I permanently disable a 2006 ford escape perimeter

Customer Question

how do I permanently disable a 2006 ford escape perimeter alarm

Category: Ford
Expert:  John Crouch replied 2 years ago.

Hello, and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will answer your question.

There is no way to do so with out disabling the power door locks as well.

If your issue is the alarm going off for no reason, you can have it tested at your local dealer and they can see what set it off the last 8 times. Most likely a door latch, that seems to always be the cause, it can be any of them and this will give you good information to fix it and eliminate the concern with out ripping components out of the vehicle.

If you have more questions or need more information, just respond and I will reply just as soon as I can.

Once again, thank you for using Just Answer, and have a great day

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't care about the powerlocks how do I disable it.

The module is incorporated into the smart junction box so you cannot simply unplug the module. looks like if you remove fuses F4 (10a) and F9 (30a) that should do the trick. You may loose some other features as well, but not sure of this.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

f4 is the ingition fuse and if I pull that the car wont start

f9 power seats power locks pulled to, car did not start

Those are the 2 fuses that supply power to the system. At this point other than taking the SJB apart to do this I don't know what to tell you and really don't recommend doing that anyway. I am going to opt out and let someone else try to help you. I really don't think that there is a way to disable it but maybe someone else on here has done so or knows how to. Good luck.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

need to disable 2006 ford escape factory perimeter alarm permanatly wifes car out of the

blue no reason trips off daily