Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

F-250: I have a ford F-250 Diesel it will start and run all

Customer Question
I have a ford F-250...
I have a ford F-250 Diesel it will start and run all day, but if you turn it off it will not start until it cools down. I have already had answers That its the coils and its the computor Brain.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
4/30/2015
Ford Mechanic: John Crouch, Ford Mechanic replied 2 years ago
John Crouch
John Crouch, Ford Mechanic
Hello, and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question.
If it is a no start but cranks when engine hot, it has nothing to do with the PCM or FICM module. If you get it tested for codes there should be a code stored for low ICP pressure while cranking. Either the snap to fit connector that hooks the High Pressure Oil Pump to the branch tube is leaking when hot enough to prevent start up or one of the "Dummy" plugs in either head in the oil manifold has bad o rings. Removing the valve covers and air testing the HP oil system will verify this, listen for the leak and it will either be in one of the heads, or down in the center, if in the center, its the STC fitting.
The "D" plugs are around $20 each and easy to change, the updated STC kit is around $70 and requires removal of the oil filter housing and secondary fuel filter housing, the turbo, the intake manifold and alternator to access the cover on the HPOP. This is about a 11 hour job to perform in the shop.
If you need more information or have more questions, just respond and I will reply just as soon as I can.
Once again, thank you for using Just Answer and have a great day.
John Crouch
John Crouch
John Crouch, Ford Mechanic