John Crouch
John Crouch, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  22 years of Ford service, and Ford senior master certified in diesel, gasoline and hybrid vehicles
33610027

Ford f-250: I have a 2006 f-250 diesel when i step on the accelerator

Customer Question

I have a 2006 f-250 diesel when i step on the accelerator sometimes i get sluggish response and just yesterday no reponse at all then wait a few seconds try again everyting works fine
Category: Ford
Expert:  John Crouch replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question.
First, if you have not changed your fuel filters in the last 15,000 miles, I would do this, 9 times out of 10 new filters will correct issues like this. Next I would test for codes and see what is stored, and address any that are. The last thing is the EGR valve. I have seen them get a chunk of carbon in them and stick open, if valve is open during a wide open throttle event, you will have a loss of power. If the passeges are full of soot, they should be cleaned and that will eliminate this issue in the future. Other than that, the tech will need to duplicate the concern and monitor the PIDS on the scan tool and determine why this is happening.
If you need more information or have more questions, just respond and I will reply just as soon as I can.
Once again, thank you for using Just Answer and have a great day.