Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician
Experience:  28 yrs. experience as Ford ASE Master Technician. Accolades include being a 2005 Ford PTS Regional Finalist and 2006 ASE Ford National Technician.
26022388

I have a ford taurus 2006. This morning while driving to

Customer Question

Hi. I have a ford taurus 2006. This morning while driving to work when I would release the gas pedal the car would jerk/shake a little. This was specifically on the highway when going about 60-70
Category: Ford
Expert:  Scott W. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is Scott
Expert:  Scott W. replied 2 years ago.
When the shaking occurred, did you feel it more in the steering or the whole car?
Expert:  Scott W. replied 2 years ago.
Let me know, thanks Scott
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I feel it more in the whole car rather than the steering.

Expert:  Scott W. replied 2 years ago.
It could be a wheel balance concern, or possibly a cv axle shaft vibrating. I would try jacking the vehicle up on jack stands and see if the vibration can be duplicated just by running the driveline. Inspect the tires for belt broken in the tread, spin the wheels by hand and look at the tread, the tread should be even while rotating with no bulges. Let me know what you find, thanks Scott