Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

F250 super duty power stroke: My 97 f250 7.3 stopped on the

Customer Question

My 97 f250 7.3 stopped on the road as if you turned the ignition off then tried to restart the truck turned over but no start . Towed home and tried to restart then the starter would do nothing but click. I changed the starter, a friend had one laying around,charged batterys and still only a click. I noticed a buzz coming from the speakers when the charger was running with no key in the ignition. I removed the battery cables and test them, it shows I have a dead short in my system. Any ideas other then tracing out every wire on the truck?
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for choosing just answer. Did you test each battery to see if one has a bad cell? Also did you unplug the large wore from the alternative or to see if this makes a difference?