EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

Hello I am trying to fix a out spark plug on a 2005 expedition

Hello I am trying to fix a blown out spark plug on a 2005 expedition 5.4. I have a fix a thread kit but I am having a problem that I can not figure out. I have tapped the hole with the provided tap which is a 14 x 1.25 tap. And the insert that is provided will not thread on the plug which is a ht-1 plug not the standard peanut style plug.What I want to know is...is there different size inserts for the ht-1 plug and if so will I need a different tap size?

Eric :

Hi. There are 2 different kits for repairing the 2v spark plug threads or the 3valve spark plug threads. Which you have the 3 valve on an 05.

Eric :

You need the kit that has tap size m16x1.5mm threads

Customer:

OK, is that something easily available like at auto zone. and can I re tap the hole where I already tapped with the 14 x 1.25 tap?

Eric :

Yeah, I know NAPA has the kit. You can try retapping the hole. I have not tried that though. As long as the reamer tool seems to get a good bite on the hole.

Customer:

OK cool i will look for it. thanks i will rate you as excellent. thanks again.

Eric :

Ok thank you. You are welcome. Please let me know if you have any more Ford questions. Thanks.