Ford

Focus SVT: 2002 Ford Focus SVT. The car had been sitting awhile…

2002 Ford Focus SVT. The...
2002 Ford Focus SVT. The car had been sitting awhile and battery died. I boosted it and noticed two warning lights were lit on the dash. An exclamation point and the airbag symbol were both lit in yellow, even after the seat belts were fastened. Also the fasten seat belt warning was on, even after the belts were fastened. What are the warning... Read full answer
2002 Ford Focus SVT. The car had been sitting awhile and battery died. I boosted it and noticed two warning lights were lit on the dash. An exclamation point and the airbag symbol were both lit in yellow, even after the seat belts were fastened. Also the fasten seat belt warning was on, even after the belts were fastened. What are the warning lights for(in yellow) and why the warning sign even after fastening?
8/2/2013
A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.I will try my best to help you with your question.

Below is a chart showing the warning lights and their definitions.

CLICK HERE

You will need to test the Air bag system for codes. That is the reason the air bag warning light is or. As for the other one, check the brake fluid level. But also check the vehicle for codes.

The warning lights come on to tell the driver that the modules have sensed a problem a light the light to alert the driver.

Will a weak battery cause these codes?

Have you restarted the vehicle without jump starting it from another vehicle?

No, it will not start without a jump.

You may want to have the battery tested, actually load tested for the proper CCA (Cold Cranking Amps).

Low battery voltage can cause any number of electrical issues and warning lights.

A. Penland
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
I just had the passenger side airbag replaced in 2007 Ranger
I just had the passenger side airbag replaced in 2007 Ranger and forgot to ask how to turn it on again. Any idea? … read more
EricFromCT
EricFromCT
Auto Technician,
My seat belt reminder chime is driving me crazy, it comes
My seat belt reminder chime is driving me crazy, it comes even when the seatbelt is fasten, sometimes just driving along it comes on. I tried the procedure several times of buckling and unbuckling the… read more
Kenny Z.
Kenny Z.
Ford Senior Master Technician,
Ford: ford taurus 2000 dahboard symbol-gar with a excamation
ford taurus 2000 dahboard symbol-gar with a excamation poit on the right side comses on after driving for a while… read more
Ron Z.
Ron Z.
Stop searching for answers—
Focus SVT: I have a 2002 ford focus svt which was involved
I have a 2002 ford focus svt which was involved in a front end collision. It was repaired and sent to the local ford dealership to have the ABS fixed and Airbag system looked at since it didn't deploy… read more
Kenny Z.
Kenny Z.
Ford Senior Master Technician,
ford f350: The bell for open door and seat belt is chiming
The bell for open door and seat belt is chiming every 25 min and when the door and seat belt are closed and latched plus the lights are off… read more
George H.
George H.
Technician,
F-150: After I start my truck it run normal than a beeping
After I start my truck it run normal than a beeping sound goes off, like if you don't fasten your seat belt after a minute the dash beeps. That is the kind of beeping I hear, even though my seat belt … read more
Kenny Z.
Kenny Z.
Ford Senior Master Technician,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
I have an alarm going off when I start the car. It beeps 5
I have an alarm going off when I start the car. It beeps 5 times, break, 5times again for a total of 5 sets of 5. stops and repeats itself every 30 minutes. what is it/… read more
George H.
George H.
Technician,
2002 Ford Focus: getting dashboard lights coming on intermittently.
I have a 2002 Ford Focus SVT. I am getting dashboard lights coming on intermittently. It started with the yellow jagged circle with the exclamation point. Then yesterday my brake light started doing t… read more
Pavlin Koev
Pavlin Koev
Diagnostic Technician,
2001 Ford Focus: front end..module..light went..airbag light lit
2001 Ford Focus was in an accident. The front end was replaced, both front air bags and the air bag module were also replaced, but the airbag and seatbelt lights wouldn't go out. The seat belts (and t… read more
Cardoctor71
Cardoctor71
Retired Master Certified Technician,
High school graduate
2002 focus: pre-owned..the engine pulses while idling..warmed..steady
May purchase a pre-owned 2002 focus SVT. When cold, the engine pulses while idling. When warmed-up, it settles down to a nice steady idle. Also, the multi-function cooling system light [amber exclamat… read more
Technician,
2003 Explorer: pull..Driver seat module, BSM..light goes
Something is draining my battery on 2003 Explorer. I put a light in series with battery and it stays lit all the time. When I pull fuse 20 (Driver seat switch, Driver seat module, BSM, Sunload sensor)… read more
jblair1979
jblair1979
I just purchased a 06 ford focus and the air bag light stays
I just purchased a 06 ford focus and the air bag light stays on after car is started. scan tool shows no codes.There is a large button in the center of dash just below hazard button that lights up pas… read more
Ford snr master
Ford snr master
master technician,
Stop searching for answers—
2004 Ford Focus: jerk..The safety alert signal light came..Z3
Wife was driving son's car and said she felt a jerk on two or three ocasions on the way to work. The safety alert signal light came on and off on each occasion then it stop happening. The car is a 200… read more
ASE Certified Technician,
2004 Ford Focus SVT: front end..airbag..the drivers side bag.I..module
I purchased a 2004 Ford Focus SVT awhile back.It had front end damage that I repaired.I have not been able to get the airbag system working.The car is a SVT Euro edition that is loaded up Recaro heate… read more
mustangmike
mustangmike
AUTOMOTIVE TECHNICIAN,
2005 F150: Air Bag Light..I am told is a drivers seat pad switch
2005 F150 Ford has Air Bag Light on. Throws code "B1884" which I am told is a driver''s seat pad switch. Also told the part is over $700.00! What does the switch do, and can the vehicle be driven safe… read more
Thomas
Thomas
Lead Technician,
Vocational, Technical or trade
2000 ford focus se: front seat belts..was put back in..belt light
I have a 2000 ford focus se that was in a accident i had to replace the air bags,front seat belts,and the air bags computer. my problem is when all was put back in. i noticed that the yellow seat belt… read more
RIP
RIP
Lead Technician,
92 Ford: Also the automatic shoulder strap will not move
'92 Ford T-Bird seat belt chime sounds continually when key is on even tho seat belts are fastened. Also the automatic shoulder strap will not move from current position. The chime began at same time … read more
Sparkybuoy
Sparkybuoy
contours: like to know how many of each color was made.
I have been trying to find out how many of the 6535 98 svt contours were E1's. I know there were 2487(silver), 2395(black) and 1653(red). I would also like to know how many of each color was made. the… read more
Telles Spence
Telles Spence