A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, ASE Advanced Gasoline Engine Performance
14865528

2003 ford ranger 3.0 flex fuel ignition coil pack wiring not wire to spec but engine start

Customer Question

2003 ford ranger 3.0 flex fuel ignition coil pack wiring not wire to spec but engine start when wire to spec engine want start
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 4 years ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.I will try my best to help you with your question.

Below is the proper wiring for the coil pack and plugs.

Set the plug wires like the diagram above. Also, what is the code you get for the check engine light?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

did that engine will not start, o2 sensor missed fire on #6451

What are the actual codes?
Example P0305
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i went to autozone to get the codes i donot hve them right now can I tell you later and how do I talk to you later

Just reply back on this page once you get the codes. I will be online till 11:00 PM EST tonight.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I want be able to get codes until tomorrow after 6:30 pm

I will be online tomorrow while I'm at work and also tomorrow night. Just reply back and I'll get an email from Just Answer telling me you replied and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.