Edward
Edward, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified. Auto Transmission rebuilder for Ford Motor Co. from 91 to 2000
29534642

Ford Edge SEL: I have a 2011 ford edge. I locked the keys

I have a 2011 ford edge. I locked the keys in the vehicle and the battery is dead. How can I get my keys out?
Hello and thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do all I can to help. If you can get to a Ford dealer, bring the title or proof of ownership, ( I guess call them and see who's behind the counter and what they consider "proof of ownership")

Bring your VIN number to the Ford dealer, they can Cut you a 5$ key, It will only unlock the door however, it WILL NOT start the car, as the Key will not be programmed to get by the anti-theft system. But it will unlock the door to get you inside to get to your keys. Let me know if you want to ask anything else. thank you.
Also Lynda, If you bought the vehicle from a dealer, and it is still under powertrain warranty, You can call Ford Roadside Assistance at 800-241-3673, and they will come get it open for you.

Let me know if you have any further questions.. thank you.