Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Mustang: Hi ! i have a 06 Mustang GT but my High beam lights

Hi ! i have a...
Hi ! i have a 06 Mustang GT but my High beam lights doesn't work.
when i switching to high the low turn off !!
do u can help me please !!
2/12/2013
autodoc_2000
autodoc_2000, Auto Technician

autodoc_2000 :

Let me look for information on your Mustang.

autodoc_2000 :

The first thing you need to do which is the first step in the diagnostics is to check the fuse. It is fuse #67 30 amp fuse. Let me know how the fuse is and I will continue researching.

autodoc_2000 :

There is also fuse 59 and fuse 63 both of them are also 30 amp fuses. These all power up the headlight circuits and module.

Customer: All the fuses r good !!
autodoc_2000 :

Did you check the bulbs to make sure they are ok? If they are ok do you have any way of checking for codes in the body controller? I can try to send you the diagnostic information

autodoc_2000 :

One of the other easy checks to do is to swap the high beam relay with another relay of the same part number. The relay is located in the fuse box under the hood.

PINPOINT TEST B : THE HIGH BEAMS ARE INOPERATIVE
B1 CHECK THE LOW BEAMS

• Ignition OFF.

• NOTE: Make sure the multifunction switch is in the LOW BEAM position. Place the headlamp switch in the HEADLAMPS ON position.

Do the low beams illuminate?

YesGO to B2.
NoGO to Pinpoint Test A.

B2 USE THE RECORDED DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODES (DTCs) FROM THE SJB SELF-TEST

• Place the headlamp switch in the OFF position.

• Using the recorded results from the SJB self-test:

Was DTC B2598 present?

YesGO to B3.
NoGO to B9.

B3 CHECK THE HIGH BEAM RELAY (DTC B2598)

• Disconnect: High Beam Relay C1050.

• Carry out the high beam relay component test.
    Refer to Wiring Diagrams Cell 149 for component testing.

Is the high beam relay OK?

YesGO to B4.
NoINSTALL a new high beam relay. CLEAR the DTCs. REPEAT the self-test.

B4 CHECK THE HIGH BEAM RELAY CONTROL CIRCUIT FOR A SHORT TO VOLTAGE

• Ignition ON.

• Measure the voltage between the high beam relay C1050-86, circuit 1708 (LG/BK), harness side and ground.

• [IMAGE][SRC][/SRC][ALT][/ALT][WIDTH]250[/WIDTH][HEIGHT]100[/HEIGHT][STYLE][/STYLE][/IMAGE]

Is any voltage present?

YesGO to B5.
NoGO to B6.

B5 CHECK CIRCUIT 1708 (LG/BK) FOR A SHORT TO VOLTAGE

• Ignition OFF.

• Ignition ON.

Is any voltage present?

YesINSTALL a new BEC. CLEAR the DTCs. REPEAT the self-test.
NoREPAIR the circuit. CLEAR the DTCs. REPEAT the self-test.

B6 CHECK THE VOLTAGE FEED TO THE HIGH BEAM RELAY COIL

• Ignition OFF.

• Measure the voltage between the high beam relay C1050-85, harness side and ground.

Is the voltage greater than 10 volts?

YesGO to B7.
NoVERIFY the BEC fuse 50 (15A) is OK. If OK, INSTALL a new BEC. CLEAR the DTCs. REPEAT the self-test.

B7 CHECK THE HIGH BEAM RELAY CONTROL CIRCUIT FOR AN OPEN

• Measure the resistance between the high beam relay C1050-86, circuit 1708 (LG/BK), harness side and the SJB C2280C-1, circuit 1708 (LG/BK), harness side.

Is the resistance less than 5 ohms?

YesGO to B13.
NoGO to B8.

B8 CHECK CIRCUIT 1708 (LG/BK) FOR AN OPEN

• Measure the resistance between the BEC C1035A-B11, circuit 1708 (LG/BK), harness side and the SJB C2280C-1, circuit 1708 (LG/BK), harness side.

Is the resistance less than 5 ohms?

B9 CHECK THE HIGH BEAM SWITCH INPUT

• Ignition ON.

• Enter the following diagnostic mode on the scan tool: SJB Multifunction Switch PID.

• Monitor the SJB multifunction switch status PID while placing the multifunction switch in the HIGH BEAM position.

Does the PID indicate HIGH BEAM position is active?

YesGO to B10.
NoGO to B11.

B10 CHECK THE HIGH BEAM RELAY (NO DTCs)

• Ignition OFF.

• Disconnect: High Beam Relay C1050.

Is the high beam relay OK?

YesINSTALL a new BEC. TEST the system for normal operation.
NoINSTALL a new high beam relay. TEST the system for normal operation.

B11 CHECK THE MULTIFUNCTION SWITCH

• Ignition OFF.

• Disconnect: Multifunction Switch C202.

• Connect a fused (5A) jumper wire between the multifunction switch C202-8, circuit 1394 (WH/RD), harness side and the multifunction switch C202-10, circuit 1396 (VT/WH), harness side.

• Ignition ON.

• Place the headlamp switch in the HEADLAMPS ON position.

Is the high beam indicator illuminated?

YesINSTALL a new multifunction switch. REFER to Section 211-05. TEST the system for normal operation.
NoREMOVE the jumper wire. GO to B12 .

B12 CHECK CIRCUITS 1394 (WH/RD) AND 1396 (VT/WH) FOR AN OPEN

• Ignition OFF.

• Measure the resistance between the SJB C2280B-45, circuit 1394 (WH/RD), harness side and the multifunction switch C202-8, circuit 1394 (WH/RD), harness side; and between the SJB C2280B-4, circuit 1396 (VT/WH) and the multifunction switch C202-10, circuit 1396 (VT/WH).

Are the resistances less than 5 ohms?

YesGO to B13.
NoREPAIR the circuit in question. TEST the system for normal operation.

B13 CHECK FOR CORRECT SJB OPERATION

• Disconnect all the SJB connectors.

• Check for:

• corrosion

• pushed-out pins

• Connect all the SJB connectors and make sure they seat correctly.

• Operate the system and verify the concern is still present.

Is the concern still present?

YesINSTALL a new SJB. REFER to Section 419-10. TEST the system for normal operation.
NoThe system is operating correctly at this time. The concern may have been caused by a loose or corroded connector. CLEAR the DTCs. REPEAT the self-test.

Customer: Do u have Image of all this ??
autodoc_2000 :

Goes with B4

Full Size Image

autodoc_2000 :

b6

Full Size Image

autodoc_2000 :

b7

Full Size Image

autodoc_2000 :

b8

Full Size Image

autodoc_2000 :

b11

Full Size Image

autodoc_2000 :

b12

Full Size Image

autodoc_2000 :

That is all of them.

Customer:

thanks !!

Customer:

thanks!

Customer:

what is sjb self-test,c1050,DTC B2598,SJB C2280C,circuit 1708,BEC C1035A,PID,wiring diagrams cell 149,

autodoc_2000 :

SJB (Smart Junction Box) is a fuse box with a built in module that you can retrieve codes from.

autodoc_2000 :

C1050 is a connector

autodoc_2000 :

B2598 is a code that would be stored in the SJB for headlight relay circuit failure.

autodoc_2000 :

C2280c is one of the connectors on the SJB

autodoc_2000 :

Circuit 1708 is one of the wires in the system

autodoc_2000 :

C1035A is a coneector in the engine compartment.

autodoc_2000 :

PID is a parameter index. This is the reading that you are looking at on the scan tool when you are watching live data.

autodoc_2000 :

Cell 149 wiring diagram is one of the diagrams of the electrical circuit let me see if I can pinpoint which one.

autodoc_2000 :

Cell 149 is a diagram of different components that show which circuits need tested.

autodoc_2000
autodoc_2000, Auto Technician
autodoc_2000
autodoc_2000
autodoc_2000, Auto Technician