Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

F150: 2000 f150 heater blowing cold air. Heater hose coming

2000 f150 heater blowing cold...
2000 f150 heater blowing cold air. Heater hose coming from thermostat is hot but the other one is not. Dealership supposedly back flushed the heater core but there was no change. The radiator was flushed and the thermostat was replaced. Any suggestions?
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/19/2013
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Hello and Welcome to Justanswer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to try and assist your with your question.

So if you grab the heater hoses at the firewall is only one hot?
That's right. Just one is hot. The other is barely warm.
Ron,

If you are sure the core is free and clear and you have no trapped air in the cooling system then the usual suspect is a bad water pump. The 5.4 has a plastic impeller that are known to wear down and cause low flow with out causing an engine overheat concern. Before you start replacing parts, let make sure your not dealing with trapped air. I have enclose the bleed procedure HERE. If you have more questions and or just need more information, please let me know.

Thank you, Ron
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Ron, ASE Certified Technician