AlvinC
AlvinC, Ford Technician
Experience:  With Ford 20+years as Dealership Technician Ford Senior Master Technician Gas and Diesel
10384837

2007 Expedition 4wd: I need a vacuum diagram for a 2007 Ford

I need a vacuum diagram for a 2007 Ford Expedition, specifically the circuit for engaging and disengaging the IWE (Integrated Wheel End) 4wd hubs.
Hi this is Al, Let's start with what kind of issue you are having. With this info I can get you the diagrams as well as the diagnostic procedures to help you resolve you concern as easy as possible, Al
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Al,

This vehicle will be towed 4 down. To do this safely without damaging the transmission or transfer case, the rear driveshaft has been disconnected.

The next step is to install a supplementary vacuum pump, reservoir and manual control valves so that the vacuum actuated warn hubs can be forced to remain disengaged by maintaining vacuum on the IWE while the vehicle is towed 4 down and then easily returned to OE status at the end of the tow.

It will simplify my task if I don't have to search out the main vacuum control switch or switches for the IWE.

Enough information or too much?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Al,

I answered this question 10 minutes ago.

Do we restart the dialogue?

Sorry for the delay I was looking up the info you need. To make it simple for you the IWE solenoid is on the firewall just behind the battery. It will have an electrical connector and a plug with 2 vacuum ports. Remove the vacuum plug and start the engine, check for vacuum at the 2 ports. When the engine is running you will vacuum and one of the ports. When towing plug the port that has vacuum and plug you supplemental vacuum source into the other port. I hope this helps, Al
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

That is a helpful answer. Is it possible to get the vacuum diagram as well?

I have the two volume Ford Workshop Manual for this vehicle but I can't find a vacuum diagram anywhere in the manual. Do I need a separate manual for such information?

Hey Al,

Can you clarify one of the sentences in your response? You wrote " When the engine is running you will vacuum and one of the ports." I think you are saying ...'you will have vacuum at one of the ports....' yes?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Al,

Are you still working this issue or have you moved on to another?

Mike, I have looked thru all the Ford manuals and have not found any diagram. I will contact Ford hotline and get a diagram, but I will not be able to do that until Monday, and if they don't have one I will follow the system on the vehicle and draw one for you, Al
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks Al,

Especially for following up.

I look forward to your input.

Best Regards,

Mike Dyer