Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Ford Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & Ford Diagnostics/Repair
18617752

How much will it cost to replace the engine oil pan gasket

How much will it cost to replace the engine oil pan gasket on a 1998 Ford Contour 2.5liter V6 engine?
.
Welcome! I'm Ron Z! Make sure to use Reply if needed! And PLEASE remember to RATE my answer at the end!

The OIl Pan Gasket sells for around $49 and the Labor Time Guide calls for 3 hours to complete the job. Labor rates vary from shop to shop, so what you pay for labor will effect the botXXXXX XXXXXne. For a job of this type, a "fair" labor rate can by anywhere from $85-$125 per hour. To this you will need to add the cost of an Oil Change. This can vary from shop to shop, but the average is around $25.

*** PLEASE REMEMBER TO LEAVE A RATING FOR MY ANSWER! RATING THE ANSWER IS AN IMPORTANT PART OF THE Q&A PROCESS! ***
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Is it a one piece pan or two?

It's a 1-piece (#32 is pan and #33 is gasket in image below):