Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

F250: I HAVE A 2008 FORD F250 AND TE HORN IS NOT WORKING. THERE…

I HAVE A 2008 FORD...
I HAVE A 2008 FORD F250 AND TE HORN IS NOT WORKING. THERE IS POWER TO IT CONNECTED IT TO THE BATTERY AND IT STILL HONKS....ANY THOUGHTS?
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/12/2012
Steve
Steve, Ford Technician

Steve :

Welcome and thanks for your question. My name isXXXXX will do whatever I can to answer your questions!

Steve :

Are you saying you hooked up battery voltage to the horn and it still will not work or honk?

Customer:

hooked it to the battery and it DID work

Steve :

Just a minute you opend up two questions I am going to close one.

Steve :

Ok I am back

Steve :

do you have a test light?

Customer:

yes

Steve :

Have you checked the power wire to the horn when you press on the horn is there power to it.

Customer:

no power to it

Steve :

Ok have you checked the fuses yet?

Customer:

yes inide cab and under hood all good

Steve :

in the fuse box under the dash on the passenger side kick panel is a fuse box. Check fuse f24 it is a 20 amp fuse . Make sure you have power to it on both sides.

Steve :

with your test light

Customer:

that was the first one i checked and yes its good by lite and visual

Steve :

You have a horn relay that is not serviceable. I want you to check the blue wire with the white stripe at the fuse box under the dash. Does it have power coming out of the wire when you press the horn button?

Customer:

ok give me a minute

Steve :

k

Customer:

no power

Steve :

On the yellow wire with the red strip that goes into the the fuse box. Check for ground, when you press the horn button. You can do this by hooking the alligator clip of the test light to power. Pointy end to the wire. Does the test light, light up?

Customer:

ok hold on

Steve :

k

Customer:

ground is good

Steve :

Then the non serviceable horn relay is bad. This means it is built into the circuit board of the fuse box. To repair your concern you are going to need to replace the fuse box.

Steve :

Unfortunately the relay cannot be replaced, separate of the fuse box.

Steve :

Hi are you still there?

Customer:

pooh. gotta love a ford

Steve :

Yea I know. when they went to that, I cussed them out to. Anthing for them to save a buck.

Steve :

Do you have any other questions on your concern?

Customer:

no i guess not thanks

Steve :
Steve :

Your welcome

Steve :

Have a happy holidays.

Steve :
Steve
Steve, Ford Technician