Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

95 ford f 150 pick up hood latch stuck hood is half open and

95 ford f 150 pick up hood latch stuck hood is half open and doesnt open or close completly. how can i get to open so i can fix it?

Hi, I’m Chris. Welcome and thanks for asking your question!

Since the hood is partially opened. You need to get a ratchet and socket in above the grille and below the hood and remove the screws securing the latch to the radiator support. now open the hood about 4 inches and support it. Then work on the latch to free it from the hood or remove the hood release cable. Then open the hood.

Once you have the hood open, DO NOT shut it until the latch concern is resolved. In your case it appears the latch is what is to blame here and not the release cable or handle. Make sure to test the operation thoroughly when repaired prior to shutting the hood and aligning the latch. You do not want to shut the hood completely with a latch non functioning because it is near impossible to get a stuck closed hood open.

Let me know if there is any part of your question I did not address.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

how many bolts are there?

Dido, there should only be 2 bolts, I believe they are 8mm or 10mm heads. Ford does not have an image to verify this.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

got it thanks

Good job, glad I could help. Please remember to rate or accept my answer so I get credit.