Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

1997 Ford Taurus A/C compressor will not activate. Pressure…

1997 Ford Taurus A/C...
1997 Ford Taurus A/C compressor will not activate. Pressure switch has no power, only one ground and 3 other terminals no power or ground. I cannot find any fuses or relays. I should say that they are no where I can find them. Is it possible to get a wire diagram with locations on it. Thank You
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/14/2012
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Hello and Welcome to Justanswer, My name is ***** ***** I am here to try and assist your with your question.

Do you have Electronic air (buttons) or manual air (knobs)?

Manual Knobs, I'm a world class GM Tech. ASE Master

Enclosed is the diagram for the AC system on your 1997, the low pressure switch get its signel from the function switch. There is no compressor clutch relay. Take a look at the diagram and let me know if you need more information. The most common cause for no clutch operation is usually a bad CCRM ( Constant Control Relay Module ) . See the enclosed test.

Locate the Constant Control Relay Module . It is a Black module with a 24-terminal connector mounted between the battery and the driver side fender. Remove the Pink/Yellow wire from pin 22 of the CCRM connector. This is the wire that the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) grounds if it does NOT want the compressor clutch to engage. If the compressor clutch engages with this wire removed, the engine control system will need to be tested for problems that would cause the PCM to shut the compressor clutch off, such as Throttle Position sensor or engine temperature concerns. If the compressor clutch still does not engage with pin 22 disconnected at the CCRM, leave pin 22 disconnected and everything else connected normally. Check for battery voltage into the Dark Green/White wire in CCRM pin 21 from the climate control head through the clutch cycling switch and high pressure cutoff switch. If there is battery voltage on CCRM pin 21, check for battery voltage out of the CCRM on pin 23 Black/Yellow wire to the compressor clutch. If there is no voltage on pin 23, replace the CCRM

graphicgraphic
Here is the location of the CCRM.

graphic

Please note, your Deposit doesn't constitute a payment. Please be
sure to rate OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE/3-5 STARS/SMILEY
FACES to complete transaction or ask for more help by clicking REPLY TO EXPERT.

Positive feedback is always appreciated. Please note that if you have a
subscription service you still need to to rate OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR
EXCELLENT SERVICE/3-5 STARS/SMILEY FACES , however you are not charged again.
Thank you.

Please note the 1 to 2 faces(POOR AND BAD SERVICE) are a
negative rating. Before choosing one of these, please reply first so that I can
further help you. Thank you, Ron
Ron, ASE Certified Technician