Shawn
Shawn, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  16 years experience Ford,Nissan and Honda dealership in all areas
8633277

Ford Taurus: Where can I buy a floor shifter cable for a 1997/1998

Where can I buy a floor shifter cable for a 1997/1998 Ford Taurus?

Thank you for asking your question today. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What problems are you having with the shifter?
-What else have you already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have a busted floor shifter cable. I need to replace it immediately. without it, the gears (especially the reverse position) are not holding properly.

Thank you for asking your question today. There are a couple of options, first is your local Ford dealer parts department, and second is www.rockauto.com either one of these will have it available. Also if you need replacement instructions I can send them as well, let me know, and please don't forget to rate my service ok or better so that I may get credit for my work, thanks.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The Ford parts dealer does NOT have the part, that's why I have written to you...

-Are you replacing the cable or the shifter?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I am replacing the cable

Thank you for asking your question today. My apologies, that is no longer available due to the age of the vehicle, your best bet is to try your local autowrecking salvage yard. Also if you need replacement instructions I can send them as well direcly from Ford, let me know, and please don't forget to rate my service ok or better so that I may get credit for my work, thanks.