Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

unit still won't crank after swapping in original lock cyl.

unit still won't crank after...
unit still won't crank after swapping in orginal lock cyl. and security receiver located at ign. cyl.
8/1/2012
Ford Mechanic: Marty, Ford Technician replied 10 years ago
Marty
Marty, Ford Technician
Allow me to help in diagnosing your vehicle! If I helped make sure to hit ACCEPT button so as I can get credited.

Need more info. Do you have codes, have you tried to program the keys, why was the ignition cylinder being replaced?
did not ck for codes.customer replace entire column assm. because of a broken part. received car after start and stall condition.
Does the vehicles antitheft light flash rapidly when you try to start? Does the engine starter crank over? I want to make sure that it is a antitheft concern.
Marty
Marty, Ford Technician
unit starts & stalls. antitheft light flashes after unit stalls.