Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Ford Freestar: 2005 ford freestar fan blower not working, what

Customer Question

2005 ford freestar fan blower not working, what should i do to solve the problem?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 5 years ago.
Hi, my name is tim, this is most likely either a bad blower motor or a blower resistor, do you have a volt meter or a test light? we can check this real quick?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i dont have one but looking right now to buy one an recommendations
thanx
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 5 years ago.
just a cheap test lite will work, they are about 5 dollars at the parts houses,tim
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
appreciate the prompt response
im looking at this to run out and get now

Innova/Hands-Free digital multimeter

Price: $14.99

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 5 years ago.
that should work fine,Tim
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
NEW TO THIS HOW CAN I CONTACT YOU LATER
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 5 years ago.
just reply back to this question,Tim
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
YOUR GREAT MAN THANX
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 5 years ago.
you bet, let me know when you have the meter?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
HEY TIM I'M BACK FROM ALONG NIGHTS WORK I WAS WONDERING COULD THERE BE ANY OTHER PROBLEM BESIDES THE MOTOR AND WHAT OTHERS TOOLS I MAY NEED IN SEQUENTIALLY DIAGNOSING THE PROBLEM, BECAUSE I JUST MIGHT GET ALL THAT I NEED NOW INSTEAD OF RUNNING BACK AND FORTH...........WOULD IT BE CHEAPER TO LET SOME ONE ELSE DO THIS..... STILL IN ALL I WOULD LOVE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT MY CAR
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 5 years ago.
It could be a few things, but the blower motor and the resistor are the most common, we nned to check for power at the blower motor with the key on, can you do this?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
HEY TIM I CHECKED THE BLOWER MOTOR BY JUMPER CABLES IT RUNS... I FIGURE NEXT TO CHECK WOULD BE THE SWITCH OR RESISTOR WHICH IN THAT CASE HOW DO I CHECK FOR CONTINUITY IN THE SWITCH AND THE RESISTOR AND HOW DO I GET TO THESE AREAS ON MY VEHICLE THANX
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 5 years ago.
DO YOU HAVE 12 VOLTS AT ONE OF THE WIRES AT THE BLOWER, WITH THE KEY ON?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
WITH THE KEY ON? WHICH WIRE ARE YOU SPEAKING OF?
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 5 years ago.
AT THE BLOWER MOTOR, there are 2 wires a pink/white wire, and an orange/black wire, check for 12 volts at the pink/whoite wire, with the key in the on position,Tim
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ON MY WAY.......
JUST A SIDE NOTE FOR YOUR ANALYSIS SIR THE ENGINE DOES NOT GET HOT DOES THAT MEAN ANYTHING

APPRECIATE EVERYTHING..
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 5 years ago.
the heater bower motor will not have anything to do with the engine detting hot, are you asking about the engine fan motor, or the heater fan motor?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
THE BLOWER THAT WORKS WITH THE HEAT AND COOLING , I WAS JUST MENTIONING THAT JUST IN CASE .... I HAVE PINK/WHT ORNG/GRY DOES THAT MAK A DIFFERENCE
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 5 years ago.
DOES THE PINK/WHITE WIRE HAVE 12 VOLTS WITH THE BKEY IN THE IGNITION AND THE KEY TURNED TO ON?