Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Ford Explorer Sport Trac: My 2008 sort trac ABS light came

Customer Question

My 2008 sort trac ABS light came on and now it seems to activate left side brakes all the time vehicle is unoperable
Category: Ford
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is Dan and I'm here to help get your problem resolved. Disconnect the wheel speed sensors to see if that helps make it drive better if not it sounds like the abs module has failed. If disconnecting wheel speed sensors helps then one of the sensors have probably failed or have a dirty mounting surface. You can use sandpaper and or a file to clean mounting surface of sensors. If they get debris on mounting surface it causes too large of gap which computer see's as vehicle going out of control so activates abs. Let me know if you have any questions, thanks.