Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

no power to blend door 98 EB explorer with climate control

Customer Question
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Ford
5/10/2012
Ford Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 5 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Hello and Welcome to Justanswer,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to try and assist your with your question.

Do you have electronic air (buttons) or manual air (knobs) ?
aelectronic
The blend door gets its power from the EATC controller. Before we go any further lets run the self test on the controller and see what codes are stored.

To enter the self-test, press the OFF and FLOOR buttons simultaneously and then press the AUTOMATIC button within two seconds. The display will show a pulse tracer going around the center of the display window. The test may run as long as 30 seconds. Record all DTCs displayed.

Let me know what codes come up and we can go from there.
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
I have done this no codes came up
All you have to do to continue is return to this question, you dont have to leave a negative as I am still here to help you every step of the way, can we remove the negative please? I will walk you thru the test. Thank you
yes we can remove it
Are you able to do the test required to trace the problem, I can send if so?
I'm willing to try any thing at this point i have the battery unhooked the moter out . Can u tell
me the voltage amounts and on what pins after we repeat test. Sorry for any misunderstanding

If you follow the step in the enclosed test you can find the problem. Download the enclosed file and start testing at B1249.

DOWNLOAD HERE
I'm having recieving download
Give me one moment and I will resend.
can you send a link
One moment and I will send again.
have I mistakenly lost our link
do you want to walk me thru the self test ?
If you need help Im here. You need to follow the steps.
the steps where i push on the buttons and the voltage for the actutator plug?
You have to start at first step in the enclosed test, the whole test has to be ran from beginning to end.
how much voltage should I find at the blend door plug
You have to do step one to see if the door moves. It bases on resistance.
the motor does not move the blend door
Dose the blend door acuator move if you jumper it in step one?
thanks for your patience i may get back to you I HAVE LOW VOLTAGE ON 1 PIN AT THE
MOTOR AND THIS DOESN'T SEEM RIGHT?
Please start at step one and go from there. Im here tomarrow if you hit a qlitch.
SOUNDS LIKE A WINNER THAT THING HAS ME BRAINFRIED
Let me know if you need me
MAY BE TOMMROW OR IF NOT HAVE A NICE WEEKEND
Same to you. Im here if you need me.
Ron, ASE Certified Technician