Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

2005 ford f150: braking..tps..smooth but has no acc pedal just goes

Customer Question
have a 2005 ford f150...
have a 2005 ford f150 4.6 L just did a plug replacement but was still dying a little when braking, ran diagnostics on computer at auto-zone and showed to be the tps so i replaced it, now truck will start and idle smooth but has no acc pedal just goes to the floor with no rpm change what so ever. what to do ?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Ford
3/20/2012
Ford Mechanic: Shawn, Auto Service Technician replied 5 years ago
Shawn
Shawn, Auto Service Technician

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

The other Experts and I are working on your answer.

By the way, it would help us to know:

-What code was retrieved?

-What else have you already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

not sure of code just went by what the mechanic said , havent tried anything else just put new tps on and nothing happened , could hold in my hand and truck would do the same, so i tried putting old one back on and still have no pedal but truck truck idles smoothly , craziest thing i ever saw. one mechanic suggested that it could not read the new part and would have to be reprogrammed . i spent all my savings on this truck for my mom to drive since my dad passed away a few months ago, and she has no way to the doctor or grocery store, just dont know what to do.

Hi JACUSTOMER-h0ffj471,

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. Sorry to hear about your father.

-What is the 8th digit of the VIN?

Thank you has been very hard for me, the 8th is a W on my vin.

Hi JACUSTOMER-h0ffj471,

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. You are very welcome, after the TPS is replaced you must clear the code from the PCM memory, which will require a diagnostic scan tool.

this will give me back my accelerator pedal ?

Clearing the PCM isnt likely going to fix the problem, the 2005 has known issues with the throttle body failing. There is a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) from Ford in regards XXXXX XXXXX situation, if you need I can send you a copy of the TSB.

how much is the tsb and how will it help me.
There is no additional charge for the TSB, I just need you to click on the accept answer button, so that I get credit for my work. Thanks
Shawn
Shawn, Auto Service Technician

Hi JACUSTOMER-h0ffj471,

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The TSB is below in pdf format, (just click on the link below).

CLICK HERE FOR TSB

Where can i buy a Accelerator pedal position sensor for my 2005 ford f150 4.6 L, the sensor only is bad .
You will have to go to the Ford dealer only, sorry.
Shawn
Shawn
Shawn, Auto Service Technician