Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

2002 ford f150: intake manifold gasket..5.4 liter..step instructions

Customer Question
How do I replace the...
How do I replace the intake manifold gasket on a 2002 ford f150 5.4 liter 4-8  Can you give me step by step instructions?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Ford
3/14/2012
Ford Mechanic: SuperBob, Ford Senior Master, Mazda Senior replied 5 years ago
SuperBob
SuperBob, Ford Senior Master, Mazda Senior

I have attached the workshop manual instructions for the intake manifold below

DOWNLOAD HERE

How do I get the injector back into the fuel rail?

As long as the o-ring is not damaged, it merely pushes back in! the fuel rail bolts keep them in place! Do you have the injectors out not and cannot get them back in for some reason?

he said he has it all of them connected but one and cannot get it pushed back in.
It sounds like the o-ring might be damaged or there is debris in the way! It will need to be closely inspected to find the obstruction!

the information u sent with the diagrams is for a 4.2 liter mine is 5.4....can i get the diagrams for the 5.4

Sorry about that, wrong file!

DOWNLOAD HERE

Bob,on the front passenger side of the intake, is the wall of the coolant port smooth bore?

I am sorry, I do not exactly understand what you are asking! Is the wall of the coolant port smooth bore? what are you referring to as the wall of the coolant?

apparently the manifold is cracked I guess....he is exhausted and heading home. So I will start pricing and intake manifold. Thank you for your help. I am very satisified.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX!
SuperBob
SuperBob
SuperBob