Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

ford: My radio and clock..my 2004 SES

Customer Question
My radio and clock on...
My radio and clock on my 2004 SES Ford Tauras is not working. What is the fuse I need to replace to get it to work?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Ford
2/14/2012
Ford Mechanic: Virtual Wrench, Ford Mechanic replied 5 years ago
Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Ford Mechanic

There are a few fuses that can cause this and need to be checked.

First, does this have the audiophile stereo system?

Also do you have a little test light to test fuses with?

No, I dont have the test light for fuses.
Thanks,

Ok, then you will have to look at them very closely to see if its blown. They are in the Smart Junction block (fuse block) under the left side of the dash.

graphicgraphic

If you have any further questions or need more help at all please feel free to reply. If not, Please remember we use an honor system and you must click on accept for me to receive credit for assisting you.

Your question does not close or dissapear after you accept so you can always reply right back here if needed for no charge.
Ok , so you are saying it could be fuse 21, 22, 32 or 33 that is causing the problem?

Yes, if its a fuse thats causing the problem it will be one of those. If they are good (doubtful) then there is a problem elsewhere and will need to have that circuit tested.

Best wishes my friend and thanks for asking!

LJ

Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Ford Mechanic

I took the car to the dealership and they found that there was a fuse behind the radio unit that had blown and that was the cause of the radio/clock unit not working. When the fuse was replaced, the radio/clock then worked.

I have no idea why this solution is nowhere to be found in any owners manual or on internet sites, but please pass this one on to anyone else.

Very best !

They do things like this to us all the time and sure makes a mechanics work an awful lot harder to do.

Thanks for asking!

LJ
Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Ford Mechanic