Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Ford explorer 4x4 xlt: How do I remove the center console on

How do I remove the...
How do I remove the center console on a 2006 ford explorer xlt, automatic transmission, I am replacing the front temperature blend door actuator, a diagram i could print would be helpful if one is available.
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/22/2012
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Hello and Welcome to Justanswer,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to try and assist your with your question.

Do you just need console instructions?
if you could tell me exactly what to take apart to get to the actuator this would be very helpful
Yes I can here are the instructions.

Do you have duel air and if so which acuator are you changing?
Yes I do. I am changing the actuator for the front cabin air. Note - a different expert from this service told me i needed to change the temperature blend door actuator because the front vents (floor and panel) and defroster are blowing cold air when I have the thermostat on warm, it is also making clicking noise when i turn the thermostat to warm.

That would be correct but if you have duel air there are 2 actuators. I have enclosed instructions for both.

DOWNLOAD HERE and HERE and HERE

Ron, I misunderstood you , I do not have dual air in the "front" cabin. I assume i will be removing the LH actuator, I have already removed the"retaining" clip from the LH floor console panel and it did not appear to remove easily, should i just pull downwards on the Lh console panel to remove it, according to the diagram there are no more retainer clips and does not appear that i have to remove the top piece of the center console. Is this correct. Thank your very much in advance, you have been much more helpful

Ok then you are correct, the LH is the one your after . Once the clip is remove it should pop out .
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Ron, ASE Certified Technician