Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

2007 ford: coil and spark plug on the #1 cylinder..gasket..removing

Customer Question
How do i replace the...
How do i replace the coil and spark plug on the #1 cylinder on a 2007 ford edge. There is a plastic manifold blocking the removal of the coil and i am afraid there might be a gasket that would be destroyed by removing this manifold.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/14/2012
Ford Mechanic: john -aka eauto, The Car Guy replied 6 years ago
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy
Hi I will do my best to answer your question fast and accurate using the info you have provided. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.
john aka eauto
yes its as simple as unbolting that intake planum...Gasket replacement will be required...Ford carrys the gasket & its real cheap under 10 dollars if my memory is correct
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy
Is the gasket glued to this plastic manifold? will it require me to scrape off all of the remaining gasket residue to replace and will i need a gasket adhesive to put on a new gasket. I am very mechanically inclined however I have not done much work on gasoline engines. Is it possible i am getting into something over my head and can cause more damage than good or is this a relatively simple procedure? should I wait to take this problem to a certified mechanic?
its simple and its not glued...some times you can reuse the gasket...if it does not tear
my understanding is once the plastic manifold is removed it is a simple as removing one small bolt to pull out the coil and then use a spark plug wrench to change the spark plug. Is there any other details i need to know before I begin this repair. (I know that I need to check the spark plug gap before installing). Is there any other details I need to know before I start this repair?
thats it cut and dry
Specification
Spark plug gap1.29-1.45 mm (0.051-0.057 in)10 Nm (89 inch lbs).
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy