Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

2010 F150: With a remote/starter unit

Customer Question
I Have a 2010 F150...
I Have a 2010 F150 With a remote/starter unit. When I try too use the Starter unit it beeps six times and then shut down
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Ford
11/5/2011
Ford Mechanic: Daniel, Ford Technician replied 6 years ago
Daniel, Ford Technician

Daniel :

Welcome to Just Answer. We are working on a fast accurate answer Based on the info you have provided. Your time and my time are both Very important.

Daniel :

does it start fine with key/ does battery seem low?

Daniel :

you say it shuts down does it start at first? then after 6 beeps it shuts down.

Daniel :

?

Customer:

it starts with the key good

Daniel :

ok and is this a factory remote start?

Customer:

battery is full when you use the remote start it is all good till it should start but then the horn go off 6 times

Customer:

yes it is a ford factory unit

Daniel :

Thanks so much for this info.

Customer:

i found a site that says 6 beeps is for service mode

Daniel :

are we back?

Daniel : 6 beeps indicates that it is in "valet" mode. To return the system back to normal mode, turn the ignition key to On or Run position, press and hold the brake pedal and press the remote starter button on the PowerCode remote (starter) control transmitter 3 times again. The horn will honk one time to indicate that the remote start system is out of "Service/Valet" mode. The ignition key may now be turned off
Daniel, Ford Technician
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert. You will also receive an email when your question is updated. If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above. Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.

6 beeps indicates that it is in "valet" mode. To return the system back to normal mode, turn the ignition key to On or Run position, press and hold the brake pedal and press the remote starter button on the PowerCode remote (starter) control transmitter 3 times again. The horn will honk one time to indicate that the remote start system is out of "Service/Valet" mode. The ignition key may now be turned off Sorry about issue we had with chat.
Daniel, Ford Technician