Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Where is the throttle actuator control system located on Ford F-150?

Customer Question
where is the throttle actuator...
where is the throttle actuator control system on my Ford F-150
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Ford
10/29/2011
Ford Mechanic: Pavlin Koev, CERTIFIED TECHNICIAN replied 6 years ago
Pavlin Koev
Pavlin Koev, CERTIFIED TECHNICIAN

Pavlin Koev :

Hi and Welcome to Just Answer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help.

Pavlin Koev :

throttle body is controlled by Engine computer

Pavlin Koev :

Power control module is indicating that throttle plate is at a lower angle than commanded

Pavlin Koev :

Possible Causes:-1. Binding throttle body, stuck closed 2.- Damaged PCM

Customer:

how do i clear it the code P 2112 STATED THE THROTTLE ACTUATOR CONTROL SYSTEM-STUCK CLOSED, THE CHECK ENGINE ICON REMAINS ON

Pavlin Koev :

To clear codes you will need scan tool, you can also disconnect battery for more than 5 minutes

Pavlin Koev :

or disconnect both battery cables and touch them together for few seconds, this will discharge all capasitors and reset system.

Pavlin Koev :

use soft cloth to clean throttle body.plate and housing.

Pavlin Koev :

if code will come back, check wiring between Throttle bodu and PCM

Pavlin Koev :

if wiring is good, it is either throttle body or PCM gone bad.

Pavlin Koev :

You will need proper scan tool to perform diagnostic checks

Pavlin Koev :

just a minute

Pavlin Koev :

Full Size Image

Pavlin Koev :

if you can follow tests, I can help you with it

Customer:

WHERE IS IT LOCATED ON THE ENGINE

Pavlin Koev :

just a minute

Pavlin Koev :

air duct from air cleaner goes to it.

Pavlin Koev :

on top of engine will send you picture

Pavlin Koev :

Full Size Image

Customer:

WHAT WOULD SUCH A REPAIR COST AT AN DEALER REPAIR IF THE PROBLEM PERSIST YOUR ESTIMATE

Pavlin Koev :

Diagnostic time about 2 hours

Pavlin Koev :

but it is hard to say if it is wiring or TB or PCM

Pavlin Koev :

if it is TB fault new part will be about $350

Pavlin Koev :

to replace 0.7 hours

Pavlin Koev :

if it is PCM 550 to 670 plus programing and replacement another 200

Pavlin Koev :

if wiring is the problem, it depends on how much time will be spend, check with local dealer for hourly rate

Pavlin Koev :

most likely around $89 per hour

Customer:

IS MY OBD2 METER A PROPER DIAGNOSTIC TOOL CAN IT PERFORM DIAGNOSTIC CHECKS AS IN THE ETC GUIDE YOU POSTED

Customer:

IS MY OBD2 A DIAGNOSTIC TOOL TO PERFORM DIAGNOSTIC CHECKS

Pavlin Koev :

do you have live data on it

Pavlin Koev :

Most of code readers will only read codes

Pavlin Koev :

some may have sensor data

Pavlin Koev :

but will not have actuations and testing abilities.

Pavlin Koev :

proffesional scanners cost is about $10 000

Customer:

ARE YOU STILL THERE

Pavlin Koev
Pavlin Koev, CERTIFIED TECHNICIAN
Thank you, you can try. there is nothing to loose. You will learn along the way.
Pavlin Koev
Pavlin Koev
Pavlin Koev, CERTIFIED TECHNICIAN