Daniel, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Technician
17254274

Ford Taurus Which fuse is for anti-theft alarm box on 2002

Which fuse is for anti-theft alarm box on 2002 Ford Taurus?

Daniel :

Welcome to Just Answer. We are working on a fast accurate answer Based on the info you have provided. Your time and my time are both Very important.

Daniel :

Your anti theft runs through several systems. I am routing them now.

Daniel :

You rmain fuse would be f2 23 in the central junction box.

Daniel :

thats inside the car

Customer:

I am trying to deactivate the anti-theft alarm because the light blinks all the time causing my barrtery to go dead.

Daniel :

I have found that the charging system is weak when this happens and its the reason anit theft is blinking. Charge your battery and get to auto zone for a charging test. and if it fails on the battery or the alternator you wil have to fix concern for the system to work properly.

Daniel :

If it gets to bad the car wont even start. even though battery is charged back up.

Daniel :

Pulling fuse wont reset it or bypass it.

Customer:

My owners guide shows f 23 is for air bag module, PATS transceiver.

Daniel :

your pats transceiver is your anti theft system.

Daniel :

Passive Anti-Theft System

Customer:

I was instructed to push the alarm reset button on the alarm box but I search and search and could not find the alarm box where I was told it is.

Daniel :

A car alarm system and the anti theft work together but are two different things and have different modules. do you have a keyless remote for setting alarm?

Customer:

I also charged my battery and was able to start the car and the blinking stopped. However the next day the battery was dead.

Daniel :

Thats why I believe the charging system is at fault. the alternator or battery or both may not be doing its complete job. You can take a volt meter at the back of alternator and check to make sure you have over 13.7 charging volts.

Customer:

I have a remote that locks and unlocks and panick bottom.

Daniel :

if not your alternator is not putting out what it should to recharge battery. If it is then battery may not be good and could have a dead cell not letting it charge

Customer:

Checking with a voltmeter, the battery show 12v, and when the car is runing it shows 13v.

Daniel :

You wont have a reset button, he factory alarm system only has that. and the anti theft system doesnt have a reset. Or it would be to easy to steel.

Daniel :

13 is to low

Daniel :

your battery may be good but your not getting the charge you need. Check Ground wires to vehicle from battery and to starter and clean them and make sure they are tight. This can cause you not to charge also

Customer:

I have already replaced the battery a month ago thinking that was the cause of not being able to start the car. I have a 2nd car so the Ford Taurus doesn't get used very often which would allow the battery to go dead.

Daniel :

Non use can do that. but 13 is too low. and will add to battery not getting charged up as it should 13 volts is just enough to run it but not charge battery back up.

Customer:

I have already clean the battery posts. My volt meter may have read 13.7v.

Daniel :

If so this would pass.

Daniel :

and a You would need a dealer to reset the pats system. They are the only ones with a qualified scanner to hook up to it. So make sure of voltage. Its the only fix other than getting assistance from dealer.

Customer:

I have my own battery charger and I charged the battery over night, but it went dead later in the day. Maybe I can take it back to Autozone and have them check it since it was new.

Daniel :

yes they can check full charging system for you.

Daniel :

And they can tell if there is a deeper issue than just a volt meter cant find.

Customer:

I might note that both passenger side doors will lock but won't unlock by remote. Front door has to be unlocked with the key, and rear by inside handle. I told you this as I was wondering if this has anything with my problem with the alarm system.

Daniel :

If charging system checks out ok then when they scan the pats system they will be able to tell if the keyless entry module is responsible for anti theft light.

Daniel :

Some high quality shops can scan system along with dealer but call them first to make sure they have equiptment.

Daniel :

I am hoping for the best case scenario for you.

Customer:

If the battery is good, then I will take rthe car to Ford for service. Can I get back to you when my problem is fixed? Will the order #(NNN) NNN-NNNN get my to you?

Daniel :

if you call customer service it will but i can send you a link after you accept so you can follow up with me.

Customer:

OK

Daniel :

Good , I will send as soon as you accept.

http://www.justanswer.com/ford/5r83n-ford-taurus-fuse-anti-theft-alarm-box-2002.html