Thomas
Thomas, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  15 years Ford experience. Gas and Diesel certified. by Ford and ASE
3090273

2004 F150: awhile..the truck just idles, I..press down..gas pedal

Customer Question

I have a 2004 F150 4.6 Several weeks ago I washed the engine with Pine Sol and water solution and let it sit for awhile before hosing off. Now the truck just idles, I press down on the gas pedal and nothing happens,just idles. Also I made the mistake of not running the motor while hosing off it off. The check engine light stays on including a light depicting a wrench. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Kenny
Category: Ford
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer! I will do my best to help you today. It sounds like you have gotten water into the throttle body or connectors. I would first remove the connectors and clean them with electrical contact cleaner. You can get it from most parts stores. Then remove the negative battery cable to reset the computer. Here is a picture of the throttle body. If cleaning the connectors doesn't fix it you will most likely need to replace it. Cost at the dealer is $214.38.graphic
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hello, What connectors exactly. Thanks
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

One connector on each side of the throttle body. Numbered as 1 and 2 in the picture.