Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech
Experience:  Auto Trans, Drivability and Electrical Specialist
9600325

1998 ford explorer: power window relay, where is it located

Customer Question

1998 ford explorer 4 door v6 4 liter engineXXXXX- power window relay, where is it located

Where is the power relay for the power windows located?

Category: Ford
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello and thanks for your question.

If the radio works then it won't be the relay. More than likely the feed wire is broken in the convolute between the body and the drivers door, very common problem, it breaks from the flexing of the convolute over the years. oftentimes you can wiggle the convolute while trying to move the window and it will start working, confirming the broken wire.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I tried these area's and got the same information from my ALLDATADIY.COM account with the same diagrams you sent me. So no luck on this answer. I probed the relays electrical connections and I am getting power to the relays and I have swamped out each realay in the same diagram you sent.
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello and thanks for your question.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I double checked all the wires by removing the boot and doing a multimeter probe of the wire and found none of them frayed, broken, or not in a good condition.

At this point I am going to terminate my $33 for answer. com and take the truck to the ford dealership.