snapontech
snapontech, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  2 Year Automotive Degree 2 years hands on technical training and 7 Years hands on learned from the best.
49697172

Ford Contour: my seat belt buckle in my drivers side door

I accidentally slammed my seat belt buckle in my drivers side door and now the door won't open. How do I fix this? I have a Ford Contour.
Category: Ford
Expert:  snapontech replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to Justanswer, My name isXXXXX am here to help.

You need to push the door in with your weight because with that pressure the handle will not release the latch. So take all your weight push at the edge of the door then open the handle and it should release I have found when its very bad you have to push your weight into it and release at the same time. Just a good motion off all your weight into the door then it will release forcing as hard as you can will not help because the latch needs to turn and when pressure is there is will not move.

______________________________________________________________________________
I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posted in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the news is not what we want it to be and can be expensive and disapponting, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-automotivedoctor/ beginning your question with “Snapontech"

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks! I pushed the door in from the outside and it opened right away!
Excellant if this happens ever again just remember you need to make sure the door has no pressure on the latch which is what turns when you turn the handle of it will not release.

Please take a kind moment to press the green ACCEPT button Thanks so much Danny