Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

2005 FORD F-250: HARLEY..6.0 DIESEL..FAULT CODE..B1342-FOUND FAULTY

Customer Question
I HAVE A 2005 FORD...
I HAVE A 2005 FORD F-250 (HARLEY EDITION) 6.0 DIESEL TRUCK. IT SHOWED A TBC FAULT CODE ON THE DISPLAY AND SO I HAD IT DIAGNOSED. IT SHOWED CODE B1342-FOUND FAULTY ECM. DOES THIS SOUND LEGIT AND WHAT IS AN ECM OR TBC? THANKS
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Ford
8/28/2011
Ford Mechanic: Bamaman39, Ford Technician replied 6 years ago
Bamaman39
Bamaman39, Ford Technician

Bamaman39 :

Thank you for using just answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX i will assist you today

Customer:

thank you

Bamaman39 :

Are you here?

Customer:

yes

Bamaman39 :

The tbc fault is the trailor brake control

Customer:

where the trailer plugs into the truck?

Bamaman39 :

The ecm is elecronic control module. If this code is present and the diagnoise says to replace the ecm then its correct

Bamaman39 :

There or the module is bad, or the control in the truck

Customer:

they are talking about replacing the pcm for about $1000. is that where the ecm is part of?

Bamaman39 :

Yes. If you dont use a trailor it will be ok

Customer:

i pull a 34' 5th wheel

Bamaman39 :

Ok then i would get it fixed as the trailor brakes will not work with this fault

Bamaman39 :

Everything is legit but depending on dealership it could be cheaper for labor

Customer:

thanks. will probably talk again soon with this truck

Bamaman39 :

Thank you

Customer:

go Alabama and Arizona

Bamaman39 :

yeah love alabama and arizona is a great team as well

Bamaman39 :

Please click accept so i can get credit for my work

Customer:

I DID

Bamaman39 :

Im sorry. It might be messing up. Doesnt show it. It might show it later. If not please click it again as it might have not went through. Thank you

Customer:

ILL CK MY CARD AND GET BACK TO YOU--DONT WORRY

Customer:

it takes awhile for amex to post anything. let me know what you would like to do

Bamaman39 :

Its cool. Im not worried as i trust you. Just alot of times people ask questions and never reply back after answer or pay.

Customer:

did you get paid?

Bamaman39 :

No i did not.

Customer:

I CHECKED AMEX AND DID HAVE $18 CHARGE WITH THIS INFO---HVAC HE XXX-XXX-XXXX CA

Bamaman39 :

it must be on Just Answers part. Ill see. Thank you for replying back t0 me to let me know

Bamaman39
Bamaman39, Ford Technician
Bamaman39
Bamaman39
Bamaman39, Ford Technician