Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

2000 FORD: VAN..HOSE..INTAKE MANIFOLD..CAR AT PASSENGER SIDE UNDER

HELLO, I GOT A 2000...
HELLO, I GOT A 2000 FORD VAN E350 SUPER DUTY 1FTSE34L0YHB80142 AND THE CAR SHOWING A PROBLEM WITH A/C VACUUM SUPPLY. THERE A SMALL HOSE COMING FROM THE INTAKE MANIFOLD GOING TOWARDS THE FIRE WALL RIGHT BEHIND THE BATTERY. ONCE INSPECTING THE SYSTEM I'VE FOUND IN THE CAR AT PASSENGER SIDE UNDER THE DASH A THREE WAY VACUUM CHECK VALVE AND IT WAS BROKEN. I'VE GOT THE VALVE FROM FORD AND NOW I'M WONDERING HOW IS THE EASIEST WAY TO REPLACE IT SINCE THE VALVE CAME FROM A SMALL HOLE. LOOKS LIKE I HAVE TO REMOVE THE A/C HOUSING (BLOW MOTOR AND EVAPORATOR BLACK BOX) IS THAT RIGHT?
8/15/2011
Shawn E
Shawn E, Ford Senior Master
Hi, welcome to Justanswer.com my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be answering your question.

The vacuum canister is located in the evaporator housing. If that port broke off then the canister needs to be replaced not a check valve. You need to disassemble the evaporator housing to access the vacuum canister.

I hope my assistance helped you and resolved your concern, if you need further assistance please ask.

Please note, your Deposit doesn't constitute a payment. Please click the 'ACCEPT' button to allow me to receive credit for my work. Positive feedback and Bonuses are appreciated. Thank you, Shawn.

understood. Can you send me a picture or figure of this job?
thanks

It is showing a 3 way check valve it must be internal to that evap case.

1. Disconnect the battery ground cable.
  1. Remove the suction accumulator/drier. For additional information, refer to Suction Accumulator in this section.
  1. Remove the nuts and reposition the manifold absolute pressure sensor and bracket.
  1. Remove the nuts and reposition the vapor management valve and bracket (5.4L and 6.8L).
  1. Disconnect the condenser to evaporator tube from the A/C evaporator core. For additional information, refer to Spring Lock Coupling Disconnect and Connect general procedure in Section 412-00.
  1. Remove the screws and the suction accumulator bracket.
  1. Loosen the clamps and remove the intercooler tube (7.3L diesel).
  1. Remove the screws and remove the evaporator core housing support bracket.
  1. Remove the 11 screws, release the 3 retaining tabs and remove the evaporator core cover.
  1. Remove the evaporator core.
  1. To install, reverse the removal procedure.
    • Install a new A/C evaporator core with the correct amount of PAG Refrigerant Compressor Oil (R-134a Systems) F7AZ-19589-DA (Motorcraft YN-12-C) or equivalent meeting Ford specification WSH-M1C231-B. For additional information, refer to Section 412-00.
    • Install new O-rings lubricated in clean PAG Refrigerant Compressor Oil (R-134a Systems) F7AZ-19589-DA (Motorcraft YN-12-C) or equivalent meeting Ford specification WSH-M1C231-B.

graphicgraphic

Shawn E
Shawn E, Ford Senior Master
Shawn E
Shawn E
Shawn E, Ford Senior Master