Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat the outside temperature gauge,

Customer Question
the outside temperature gauge, fuel...
the outside temperature gauge, fuel average mileage, and compass display is not working on my ford f-250 superduty truck 2004. what should i do
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Ford
8/7/2011
Ford Mechanic: Ford expert, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 years ago
Ford expert
Ford expert, ASE Certified Technician
Welcome to just answer.com. I'm here to help you and your 100% satisfaction is my goal. If is yours part of an overhead display you or is it part of the instrument cluster itself

it is above the rearview mirror and it should show temperature, C or

F , average fuel mileage, miles remaining in the tank, and compass direction

Check power and ground circuits of the overhead console.
A Red/Yellow wire supplies ignition-fed battery voltage from fuse 27 15
amp of the Central Junction Box .
A Pink/Orange wire supplies
a constant ground to the overhead console. If power and ground circuits show to be good, replace the overhead console
Ford expert
Ford expert, ASE Certified Technician
Ford expert
Ford expert
Ford expert, ASE Certified Technician