How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tim Mohr Your Own Question
Tim Mohr
Category: Ford
Satisfied Customers: 15969
Type Your Ford Question Here...
Tim Mohr is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

2004 Ford Freestar: a manifold and tube assembly..part number..van

Customer Question

Hi I am looking for a manifold and tube assembly -part number MIYF-3164 for a 2004 Ford Freestar van -It seems this part is out of stock everywhere -Is this a common problem of these vans? Is there another brand that would fit or work instead or Motorcraft? I am needing it fixed asap- As you know how hot it is out -
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 6 years ago.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX part number is XXXXX showing as a good part number, what tube is this?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It might show up as yf-3164 Motorcarft brand - It is the manifold and tube assembly
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 6 years ago.
for the a/c?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

It is the small hose from the compressor to the condensor -high pressure -for the a/c

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 6 years ago.
graphicIs it the #15 in the diagram below?
Tim Mohr and 3 other Ford Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
That looks like the right part -but is there another brand that can be used in place of Motorcraft? as I cant seem to find it in stock
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 6 years ago.
No, there is no aftermarket parts availablr for this, but Silverstate Ford Parts, online, has this in stock, go to there website and you can order it online, But if just the rubber hose is bad on this, any hydraulic shop can replace the rubber portion and re crimp it, and it will be alot less expensive,Tim
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Ok I will check out their website -I have found out that htis part can run anywhere from 180.00 to almost 500.00 - I dont want to spend 500.00 if I dont have to -I was hoping that there would be another brand that would work- Thanks for your help
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 6 years ago.
Anytime my friend, tim
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
If there is hole in the alum. right by pressure switch -How can you fix that?
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 6 years ago.
this can be soldered, we have special aluminum solder that works great on this, it can also be tig welded, remove the line, and take it to any welding shop, and they can repair it for you, we do this all the time, and it would be alot cheaper then replacing the manifold assembly,Tim
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for all the help -I think that last reply is what we will try - Thanks again
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 6 years ago.
You bet, let me know if I can help further with this,Tim