Shawn
Shawn, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  16 years experience Ford,Nissan and Honda dealership in all areas
8633277

Ford F150 Pickup Aux power plug is not working on F150 truck.

Aux power plug is not working on F150 truck. I did have blown fuse on radio but it is fixed
Category: Ford
Expert:  Shawn replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-Does the horn work?

-What else have you already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes the horn works
Expert:  Shawn replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. Double check the fuses F39 and F117 (20A). Most likely the problem is a blown fuse.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
F117 is a 40 amp and is ok.. Both fuses are OK... is there a fusable link involvled?
Expert:  Shawn replied 6 years ago.
F117 should not be a 40, make sure it is a 20A (see diagram below) or you can run into additional problems. If you need I can also send the system wiring diagrams.

graphic
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
OK.. I will change it.. but why did the plug quit working
Expert:  Shawn replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The most likely casue is either the auxiliary power socket itself, or the electrical wiring or even the connector. If you need I can send the system wiring diagrams.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Shawn, come to find out the light on the plug I was testing it with is out. I tried another phone charger and it's working... Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Shawn replied 6 years ago.
You are welcome, and please don't forget to click on trhe accept button, so that I may get credit for my work, thanks again!