Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

2002 F-150: I cannot bleed the brakes

Customer Question

I cannot bleed the brakes on my 2002 F-150 I can get a good pedal with it shut off but as soon as I start it I lose all the pedal, it goes rifght to t5he floor and does not come back after pump[ing it. if I shut it off I can pump it up again
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 6 years ago.

Hello, I'm Chris.
I will do my best to answer your question fast and accurate using the info you have provided. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

If you have opened the brake system meaning the master cylinder has run dry or been replaced or the lines disconnected then view the image below and the part I circled.

The reason for a scan tool is to bleed the ABS system since air can get trapped in it and not manually bleed out via the pedal and helper. The scan tool must command the ABS isolation and accumulator valves to cycle during the bleed to expel trapped out of the HCU.