kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech
Experience:  I HAVE OWNED MY OWN SHOP FOR OVER THREE YEARS. I HAVE THE TOOLS AND SOFTWARE TO ANSWERE ALMOST ANY Q
5629372

2000 ford taurus: transmition..wont shift..the linkage is working

2000 ford taurus transmition wont go into gear suddenly. been shifting fine but stated it up this morning and it wont shift into any gear, the linkage is working but transmition not going into gear.

kalamykid :

Will it go into revers?

kalamykid :

When you checked the fluid level, was it reading over full?

Customer:

it wont go into any gear. the shifter moves but the transmition isn't going into gear. the fluid level is normal.

kalamykid :

Does the shifter move freely as if it is not moving the shifter cable?

kalamykid :

Ford has had a problem with the bolts coming loose from the back of the steering column that holds the shift lever on.

Customer:

It is moving the the linkage i had my wife shift it while i looked at it the lever on top of the transmition is moving when it is put into gear.

kalamykid :

If the trans is full of fluid, and the shifter is moving the linkage correctly, then the only thing left will be an internal failer

Customer:

was hoping it wasn't that but thanks for the help.