Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Ford windstar: water pump..3.8l..a leak in the pipe..engine block

Customer Question
How hard is it to...
How hard is it to change a water pump on a ford windstar 2001 3.8l ? It has a leak in the pipe below the mounting clamp that fasens it to the top of water pump and goes towards the fire wall then bends down then up then a rubber hose attaches to with a clamp then the hose is clamped to another pipe wich goes into the engine block. Or can the just the pipe be changed?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Ford
5/2/2011
Ford Mechanic: CTFordTech, Ford Technician replied 6 years ago
CTFordTech
CTFordTech, Ford Technician

Hello and Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your question today.

The water pump would only need to be replaced if the gasket was leaking or the weap hole was leaking coolant. If the coolant line off of the water pump is leaking it can be replaced.

that is the line that come out of the top of waterpump and is held down by a single 8mm bolt?
Yes this can be replaced and is somewhat common to fail on the Windstar
CTFordTech
CTFordTech, Ford Technician
CTFordTech
CTFordTech
CTFordTech, Ford Technician