Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

My vent is stuck on defrost on my 2001 Ford f250 with 7.3 diesel.

Customer Question

Category: Ford
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 6 years ago.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX happens when you lose vacuum to the controller in the dash, it will go to the defrost position as a default, you need to check the vacuum line under the hood, this line goes through the firewall on the passenger side where the a/c lines goes through, find this vacuum line and follow it back to where it plugs into the vacuum resevoir under the hood, you will most likely find it disconnected at the resivoir, or a break in the vacuum line,Tim
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I could not find the vacuum line going through the firewall. There is a vacuum line leading to a switch with an electrical connector on it attached to the fan box. Does this have something to do with the vent?
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 6 years ago.
No, there is One vacuum line that goes throught he firewall to the heatercontrol head, then there are several that leave the control head, you need to locate this one line and see if it has vacuum too it, if not, then trace it baack to find the break,Tim
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I cannot find a single vacuum line going through the firewall.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 6 years ago.
it will be on the passenger side, under the hood, near where the a/c lines go through the firewall, it will be a small hard plastic line, not a rubber hose, it should be black, but have seen them red also,Tim