Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Ford Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & Ford Diagnostics/Repair
18617752

Ford Taurus THERE IS A YELLOW EXCLAMATION POINT FLASHING ON

Customer Question

THERE IS A YELLOW EXCLAMATION POINT FLASHING ON A 2002 FORD TAURUS.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My name is DriveFast71(Ron) and I will do my best to answer all of your questions completely and accurately.

Can you tell me which number below? #12 correct?

graphic

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 6 years ago.
Ok- This is the "Check Transmission" indicator. This means the vehicle sees a problem in the transmission. First thing to do is to check the transmission fluid level. Check to see the levels are full, and that the fluid does not appear to be a "darkish-red" (should be fairly close to "pink") and that it does not smell "burnt". If the level is correct, the next best thing to do is have a garage look into the transmission computer with a scan-tool to see if there are any "codes" that can give them a "starting point" as to what the problem may be. Sometimes this may simply indicate the fluid and filter needs replacement, sometimes it could mean something a little more serious and internal of the transmission which will require repair.
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 6 years ago.
Just out of curiosity, may I ask how many miles are on the vehicle? (a friend of mine just bought an 02 Taurus)