Alex
Alex, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician, L1 Advanced Level Specialist
15182921

2007 ford expedition: bolts do i need to remove the front calipers

what size and which bolts do i need to remove the front calipers on my 2007 ford expedition?
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be assisting you with your question.

Are you trying to remove the rotor?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No sir...I am trying to rplace the front brake pads. I have changed pads several times, but can't seem to figure out how to remove the calipers to get to the pads on this one.
You just need to take out the two 13mm caliper bolts and not the 18mm bracket bolts. Leave the caliper bracket and the rotor on the knuckle.

graphic
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I can't locate a 13mm bolt. Normally there were the guide pins are at, but there is no bolt head. Some areas say to use a 9mm allen wrench, but it does not look like that works either.

Ok I see what's going on. I think you will need a T-45 torx socket for this one. Is the bolt head pattern star-shaped?